First time activation and verification of Vodafone GSM SIM card

Vodafone Logo Big Size
Got new Vodafone GSM SIM card, now having problem with activation and verification. Here is complete guide to how I activated my new SIM.
I had bought Vodafone SIM 3 days ago for using internet through my Dongle/ USB Modem. Yes that’s true it took 3 days for getting signals in that SIM card.
After 3 days of long wait when I got signals I was not able to make any calls not even able to receive any calls. I just went back to Vodafone store for sorting out my problem. They said me to call and verify my number through Vodafone Customer Care.
He said me to call on 117 and tell them to consider that this is verification request call.
I called to that number and I started listen to IVR welcome and thanking voice of Vodafone. Then number was transfer to customer care executive for verification.
He asked my name and address which I submitted in form of documents. I quoted every thing correct and he said that all the service on your new SIM will be started in an hour.
He said me to call 111 for any kind of care, support or offers which will charge 50p/3mins and for complaints you can call on 198(toll free). And also said me to make any kind of recharge at-least after an hour because SIM activate after one hour (In my case, it was activated within few minutes).
I got welcome message from Thank you for choosing Vodafone service. Than I recharge with some amount to get some balance credit. As initially, It won’t have any balance. I dialed *111# to check balance. And the amount was credited. I made called to other number, voice was clear.


Here are numbers to take note:
  • 117 – For instant verification
  • 111 – Vodafone Care
  • 198 – Vodafone Service Complaint
  • *111# – Credit Balance Enquiry
And Hence my Vodafone new GSM SIM is now working in my Mobile.
Photo Credits: Vodafone India

No comments:

Post a Comment